***My colleague and other USC Admission Counselor, Vivika Demel, is really a USC Alum. We simply recently found that she happened to be admitted to the spring semester at USC. She was gracious enough to talk about her personal experience in the guest blog that is following. Continue reading for the look that is inside what it is like being a spring admitted student.***
as being a former springtime admit, we understand the confusion a lot of you might be experiencing now. I remember receiving my big envelope, reading my acceptance page from USC, then realizing I had been admitted for the spring.
‘ What does spring admission mean?, also’
I thought, ‘Why me? Does it mean we had not been good enough for fall?’ I invest a few telephone calls to your Admission workplace and many thanks to some admission that is helpful and pupils, we quickly had my concerns answered. We made the decision to simply accept USC’s springtime offer. In retrospect, there were benefits to searching for the springtime, and We loved my Trojan experience.
Here are 5 items that helped me realize my offer of admission to spring semester:
- Being admitted for spring does never imply that USC will not desire you! focus on the acknowledge component of Spring Admit. We would like you! we are just incapable to accommodate all the pupils we want for the autumn semester, but we still want you as being a member of the Trojan Family.
- You can be involved at USC in the fall. Springtime admits can buy tickets for home soccer games and sit in the pupil area. Planning to games allowed me personally to satisfy other students and experience the Spirit of Troy. In addition, students can live near campus and just take classes at local community universities, permitting you to relate to other Trojans within the autumn.
- You have got many different choices for your autumn semester. Pupils can register at a grouped community university, study at the United states University of Paris (we want that this option ended up being available when we had been a spring acknowledge), travel or work, or do so significantly more. The opportunities are endless, and the luxury is had by you to decide on whatever is most beneficial for you.
- You can still graduate on time. Students whom simply simply take classes at a grouped community college tend to be able to graduate with their other Trojans whom began in the fall. I actually took five General Education courses into the fall, and managed to increase major and small at USC and graduate on time still.
- You will still have A usc that is authentic experience. Regardless of if they begin, our students have to see USC life to its fullest. It is possible to be involved with our activities, occasions, classes, and businesses. Additionally, we guarantee housing for our springtime admits and try to pair spring admits together to ensure a provided smooth transition.